International Conference on Green Agro-Industry (ICGAI)
Faculty of Agriculture
Universitas Pembangunan Nasional "Veteran" Yogyakarta
Visit the conference website: icgai.upnyk.ac.id
The industrial revolution 4.0 brought many changes with all the consequences. The industry will be more compact and efficient, but there are also risks that might arise, such as reduced human resources because it is replaced by machines or robots. With all the potential that exists we must be active actors who benefit from the big changes.
It is a must for stakeholders in the agricultural sector to be able to prepare themselves and adapt to changes in the era of the industrial revolution 4.0 to answer the challenges of the future and turn threats into opportunities.
Improvement of the agricultural sector must be done, and farmers must be strong in technological capabilities. Agro-industry is able to produce environmentally friendly products, substitute non-renewable materials, and energy, avoid or minimize the use of toxic chemicals, and minimize emissions. Agro-industry development needs to be directed to integrate the upstream and downstream aspects of the system in a sustainable manner for more prosperous farmers and more advanced agro-industries.
Following the successes of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd International Conference on Green Agro-Industry (ICGAI) were held on 2013, 2015 and 2017 at Yogyakarta, Faculty of Agriculture, Universitas Pembangunan Nasional “Veteran” Yogyakarta, Indonesia in conjunction with its global partner is proud to announce the 4th ICGAI. The conference will be held on October 22 - 23, 2019, at Yogyakarta, Indonesia. The conference will address problems of primary importance for human security, discussing and proposing a more constructive and progressive approach to ensure future societal sustainability. The meeting will provide a common forum for a wide range of researchers and practitioners specializing in a range of subjects related to the conference themes.
The conference theme is "Sustainable agroindustry in the era of industrial revolution 4.0", and the major topics to be covered at the conference are:
- Soil and Water Management (land suitability, conservation, reclamation, etc.),
- Crop and crop management (plant cultivation, breeding, pests and diseases management, agrochemicals, biotechnology, etc.),
- Agricultural engineering (food processing and food safety, post-harvest technology, precision farming, bio-system, advances in hydroponics clean technology, nanotechnology, nuclear technology, etc.),
- Environment (land degradation, climate change, and adaptation, soil and water contamination, remediation, agricultural and biowaste management, etc.),
- Economics, Social and Business (green economy, community empowerment, technology dissemination, policy, feasibility study, agro-tourism, trading, etc.),
- Any other topics related to Agro-industry